Product Return Policy
Products purchased from IDEAL via ecommerce
Upon receipt of a defective or faulty item, IDEAL shall repair or replace the product (or the defective part in question) free of charge or, at IDEAL’s sole discretion, refund the purchase price, PROVIDED THAT:
• IDEAL is notified of the fault or defect in writing within ten days of receipt of the product. If the product has been damaged in transit it must be reported within three days of receipt. A remark has to be made on the carrier’s proof of delivery. After this time, IDEAL may not accept responsibility.
• The product has been used in an appropriate manner and/or as prescribed in the operating instructions (if applicable);
• When requested by IDEAL, the product is returned for examination using the procedure outlined below; and
• We are satisfied after examination that the product is within warranty and the reported defect or fault did not arise from wear and tear, wilful or accidental damage, negligence by you or any third party, use other than for the purpose originally designed and intended, failure to follow IDEAL’s written instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without IDEAL’s prior written approval.
All other warranty returns are handled as outlined above, providing you have notified IDEAL in writing, within the warranty period and clearly specified the fault or defect. Out-of-Warranty repairs are chargeable.
Warranty periods are as follows unless otherwise stated by IDEAL:
• Rechargeable batteries - 6 months (from date of delivery)
• Repairs - 3 months (from date of delivery)
• All other products - 12 months (from date of delivery)
Arranging a product return
To return a product, contact IDEAL’s Customer Service Team on 800-947-3612 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org who will provide a return number, which is required for correct handling of all returned goods.
Please ensure the following information is available when contacting IDEAL Customer Service:
• Original purchase order number/reference
• Proof of purchase
• Reason for return
• Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
• Once all details have been checked the returns number will be created and a confirmation email sent. In most instances IDEAL will arrange a collection of the product and advise collection details.
• Pack the product securely and include a copy of the proof of purchase, making sure the return number is visible on all documentation and outer packaging.
• Do not return goods without a return number.
• Failing to include a valid return number may result in refusal of the item, delay processing the return and/or the product not being repaired, replaced or refunded.
• Collection details and courier tracking number should be retained as proof of return.
What happens after product is returned?
The package will be shipped to the requested IDEAL address to be inspected based on the information provided when the return number was created. Once the inspection is complete the product repair, replacement or refund will be processed and you will be informed via email. Please allow fourteen days for refunds to be processed. Should unreported damage be found, IDEAL reserves the right to apply a handling charge (product will be handled as an out-of-warranty repair) or return the product to sender.
Any damage or loss to the product, packaging or the documentation may affect the refund issued. IDEAL does not accept liability for parcels damaged during transit so we advise that products are wrapped adequately to prevent this.